Home > About HGS > Our School Rules & Discipline Policy
Our School Rules & Discipline Policy
1. BE PUNCTUAL FOR ALL SCHOOL PROGRAMMES AND ACTIVITIES
- Pupils must be at the assembly area 10 minutes before assembly.
- Pupils must be on time for CCA, enrichment and other school activities.
- Pupils must be present for all formal lessons. If absent, the parent/guardian must inform the school as soon as possible and a medical certificate or letter of explanation from her parent/guardian must be brought to school on her return.
- Pupils must not leave the school premises during school hours without the permission of the Principal, Vice-Principal or HODs.
2. BE HONEST, COURTEOUS AND WELL-BEHAVED AT ALL TIMES
- Pupils who are Singapore citizens must stand at attention, sing the National Anthem and take the National Pledge. Pupils will take the Pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Pupils must not frighten, threaten or bully others.
- Pupils must not cheat during tests or examinations.
- Pupils must not forge signatures.
- Pupils must not steal.
- Pupils can only use their handphones in the canteen and walkway leading to the main school gate before and after school hours.
- Pupils must switch off their handphones during school hours and supplementary/remedial, CCA and enrichment activities.
- Pupils must use social media responsibly. They must respect other users and adhere to rules and regulations. All pupils under the age of 13 can use Facebook only if their parents/guardians register the accounts for them and supervise their use.
3. BE PROPERLY ATTIRED AND BEHAVE LIKE A LADY
- Pupils must wear the prescribed school uniform with white socks and shoes.
- Pupils must wear the PE T-shirt and brown shorts for PE lessons or games.
- Pupils must not put on make-up, keep long nails or use nail polish.
- Pupils must be neat and tidy.
-Shoulder length hair must be tied up neatly. Only simple and small brown, orange, yellow, white or black ribbons, clips and hair bands are allowed. Hair must not coloured.
-Only small and simple earrings are allowed. Other forms of jewellery or ornaments must not be worn. Wrist watches must be plain and simple.
- Spot checks will be conducted to ensure that pupils are properly attired.
School Attire & General Appearance
4. BE PROUD OF MY WORK
- Pupils must complete and hand in assignments or projects on time.
5. KEEP THE SCHOOL CLEAN AND LITTER FREE
- Pupils must throw all litter and rubbish into the bins provided.
- Pupils must keep the toilets clean.
- Pupils must eat or drink only in the school canteen.
- Pupils must not vandalise school properties.
Assessment / Examination Rules & Regulations
- Pupils must be punctual for all examinations
- Pupils must remain silent throughout the examination.
- Pupils must not cheat, attempt to cheat or help others to cheat during all assessments/examinations.
- Pupils must not bring handphones, pagers or any other electronic devices into the examination room.
- Pupils who are ill should not be in school for tests and examinations. If a pupil has a temperature of 37.6 C and above, she will not be allowed to sit for the test / exam and her parents will be asked to take her home. If a pupil misses a test / exam because of illness, she needs to submit a medical certificate. The pupil will not get a '0' for the test / exam. The school will indicate 'VR' (Valid Reason) in her report book and her overall marks will be pro-rated accordingly. There will be no make-up assessments for the written and listening comprehension assessments.
- Pupils who are absent for a test / exam for reasons other than illness should produce relevant documents. There will be no make-up assessments for the written and listening comprehension assessments.
If found breaking school or examination rules, any of the following disciplinary actions will be taken as deemed fit by the school:
- Deduction of marks
- Performing corrective work
- Close monitoring by form/subject teacher(s) or the Discipline Committee
- Any other actions deemed appropriate by the Principal